Monday, June 05, 2006

Stretching Your Edges

Panic! Fear! Uncertainty!

My first significant book signing is scheduled this week on Thursday (6/8/06) at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Legacy Village in Beachwood, Ohio.

Although I've given many speeches and presentations to countless people and have served in several trials as an expert witness, there is something about my first book signing that makes me very nervous and anxious.

Great leaders understand the importance of recognizing and respecting these more "negative" feelings. That's exactly what I wrote about in my book.

Negative emotions are very likely to occur whenever we begin stretching ourselves into new (and unfamiliar) territory. Great leaders understand this, and keep moving forward.

If you are in the Cleveland area this Thursday, I invite you to stop by and say hello at Joseph-Beth booksellers.

I would love to meet you.

BOTTOM LINE: Great leaders understand the power of respecting negative emotions, and to keep moving forward.

tags: