Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Red Cross contact....

Interesting ...

Last week, I sent out press releases announcing HEALING KATRINA as well as emails. I sent an email directly to the marketing branch of the American Red Cross (ARC).

This week, I received a call from the ARC marketing department. The person graciously informed me that there were forms to be signed in order to enter into a formal cause-related marketing relationship with the ARC.

Whew! Imagine how many websites linked to the ARC after 9/11 as well as after Hurricane Katrina! Even though time-consuming, creating these formal relationships is probably a wise thing to do so that people don't take advantage of the situation. The ARC certainly has its work cut out for it, though.

I'll be curious to see how this develops.


BOTTOM LINE: Great Leaders make sure the "t's" are crossed and the "i's" are dotted.

tags: